Facebook Fan Check App Virus Warning

facebook app virus

It seems that Facebook may have presented a new vulnaribilty with a new possible Facebook virus which is enacted with the Facebook Fan Check Application. Although it is not fully confirmed yet, and no word has been heard from Facebook, more than a few have reported issues after the installation of this App.

The Facebook Fan Check Application is aimed to show the number of friends you have and allow you to post so as an RSS within your account, thus updating with every new friend you acquire. At the moment, this application states that it is “adding new features and new capacity”, including informing that doing so “could take a few days”.

facebook fan check app virus

Once the Fan Check App is installed, your Facebook account will be infected, including sending so as a virus to your Facebook friends – Some have already mentioned that their account email and password was changed.

Although no official confirmation has been made regarding the Facebook Fan Check Virus, caution should be exercised: So don’t Install this App just yet!; we wouldn’t want you to lose access to your Facebook account or hurt your circle of friends in any way.

For other Facebook related information, but in a safer and happier sense, check out how to make your Facebook Profile Picture pop out, the hillarious Ugliest Facebook Profile Prank or How To Make Facebook Profile Pictures Bigger.

Via: DeviceMag

11 thoughts on “Facebook Fan Check App Virus Warning

1. Mattorsomething.

Wife installed Fan Check on her Facebook recently. Within a day her World of Warcraft account had been hacked by a keylogger. NEVER had this happen previously and we both run very good quality anti-virus/anti-malware programs. FanCheck could possibly be creating backdoors onto your systems allowing keylogger etc viruses onto your system. The app may also be able to launch a keylogger script when using it. As it was her that did it I’m not positive on particulars, however I do know that half of our guild bank is empty. 😛 BEWARE!!

2. Connie.

I cannot do squat today on my facebook. I didn’t go into the application but someone tagged me. I can’t send replys or delete posts.

3. Pingback: Facebook Lite Launched in US and India | Superstars Of Gaming

4. Pingback: Facebook Lite Launched in US and India | Walyou

5. lorna.

i have had probs with my facebook since adding that fan check as i cant get into half my stuff on facebook ie my messages, my fb chat, and half of my applications

6. Megan.

iI was tagged ina photo on a friends Fancheck and then allowed app to do my own Fancheck, and about 3 days later had problems accessing friends profiles
    and also other difficultie using apps such as Farmtown and Restaurant city.
    also the new status posts were mixed up with old status posts from the day i was tagged on fan check, i have removed profile to start again tried removing tags and also the Fan check app and still couldnt fix the issues.

7. Lilly.

how do you block or remove the application from your profile ? Im so bad at all that I can’t work it out !!
    any information would be V nice !!

8. monkey.

Do NOT click on the above link provided by “Michael.” It is reported AND confirmed that malware distributors have seized the opportunity and are taking advantage of peoples’ fears by providing links to malware removal software. Check sites such as PCWorld, Sophos, etc, and you’ll find info on this.

9. Dovile.

I was tagged in about 8 of ‘ Fan check ‘ pictures by my friends and actually published one myself. Within 24 hours, my account was completely messed up. I proceeded to untag myself from each picture, delete the one I published and ‘block’ the Fan Check app. Everything is back to normal now!