The new iPod Nano features a sleek new touchscreen, an FM Radio, and is a Clip-on, like the old Apple shuffles. It truly has become even more Apple-like with its new multi-touch screen, which allows easy gestures to switch to the home screen, rotate the view and even customize the
buttons. Basically, Apple has brought some of the iPhone and iPod Touch magic into the ultra portable iPod Nano.
The Technical Specs for the new iPod Nano are:
Size and weight
1.48 inches (37.5 mm)
1.61 inches (40.9 mm)
0.35 inch (8.78 mm)
0.74 ounces (21.1 grams)*
0.614 cu. inch (10,056 cu. mm)
* 8GB or 16GB flash drive*
* 1.54-inch (diagonal) color TFT display
* 240-by-240-pixel resolution
* 220 pixels per inch
* Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
* Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
* User-configurable maximum volume limit
* Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
* Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
Moreover, the new iPod Nano comes in some highly vibrant colors and includes fun features that go great with Apple products. Check out the cool Hands on Video from Engadget below for some added excitement.
*Full specs at Apple.