How To Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware with SnowBreeze 3.1.3?

Since the iPhone needs to be unlocked or jailbroken in order to be used with any SIM that you want, there have always been several jailbreaks and programs that help in opening your iPhone. With newer versions of iPhone OS, newer jailbreaks are revealed.

Update (November 29, 2010): How to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G with Ultrasn0w 1.2, PwnageTool 4.1.3 and Redsn0w 0.9.6b5

Official Update (June 23, 2010): Official iOS 4 Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G from the iPhone Dev Team.

Jailbreak Update: iOS 4 Jailbreak for Developers iPhone 3GS and for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G .

Update (March 26, 2010): Geohot Untethered Jailbreak Tease.

Their efficacy and efficiency is far from known, and sometimes you may even risk rendering your iPhone unworkable, if things went wrong. With that in mind, here is yet another video which claims to jailbreak use Sn0wBreeze 3.1.3 to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.

We had earlier read that iPhones running on iPhone 3.1.3 OS can’t be jailbroken with Blackra1n, which depressed a lot of people. Now, it turns out that you could use Sn0wBreeze 3.1.3 to jailbreak the new iPhone 3.1.3 firmware update. In a detailed video, one could see that it is quite a lengthy procedure.

NOTE: this was provided as a tip to us, we have yet to try it and are NOT sure if this is actually going to work. Hence, using the Snowbreeze 3.1.3 iPhone Jailbreak is your own responsibility and action. We are not responsible of failure of your iPhone in any way by using the Snowbreeze jailbreak.

A commenter reveals that you would need to download 3.1.3 Custom Firmware and Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 v4. You might also need to download the bypass error program for the iTunes, and begin to jailbreak. The program asks you to confirm if you are ready to go through the procedure a few times, and you would just have to agree.

The successful jailbreaking also depends upon which generation of iPhone you are using. You could then choose a custom boot logo and move on to extract the IPSW. Later you would need to connect your iPhone 3G(S) and enter the recovery mode. Now, you it would be required to hold the shift button after launching iTunes and click the Restore button in iTunes. Afterward, your iPhone will be placed on recovery mode, and you would be required to connect the iPhone to the system using USB. From here, open Sn0wBreeze 3.1.3 and extract it.

Many commentators even in the YouTube page of the video have revealed that it didn’t work. However, some have claimed they really could jailbreak the iPhone 3.1.3 OS. Moreover, if I had an already unlocked iPhone, I would desist from upgrading the OS to the next version and then again trying to jailbreaking it and making a whole mess of it. If the iPhone gets jailbroken or not is something that I can’t confirm. Since it was a tip that we received, we would like to hear from you guys if you were successful in jailbreaking using this video!

78 thoughts on “How To Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware with SnowBreeze 3.1.3?

1. mike.

Hej, fick en utbytesenhet 3GS 16GB 3.1.3 men kan inte göra en återställning av säkerhetskopian. Itunes hittar inte telefonen och jag kan inte få till återskapa till telefon. Vad är problemet, vad gör jag?

2. crazytown.

hi, this is jhon i have a ploblem with my iphone 2g ! the ploblem is that i never new my iphone was jailbroken by my brother so when i was conected with itunes then i put my iphone for restore when it was finished restoring then after that on the itunes its shows ” the sim is not activated contact with your dealer or insert activated sim card ” now then i tried with snowbreeze to jailbreak but that ipsw cannot open with itunes now guys tell me what i have to do plz. help me out thank u .

3. Special.

I would like to say I JUST purchased my iPhone 3g brand new from the Att store on feb27. My old iPhone 2g was jailbroken and I wanted to do the same. I have the AT&T network and it was activated right in the AT&T store. And they put the 3.1.3 firmware on my phone and I straight jailbroke it after trying redsnow 0.9.4. Everything works as it did before. So don’t believe the hype just check out a tutorial for redsnow and everything should be fine.

4. Nyx.

So, here is a question, and I’ve not seen it asked yet. So far, it seems all us Mac users are SOL when it comes to downgrading from 3.1.3. It also seems the PC users are having more success with being able to JB their phones.

So, is it possible to back up all your info to the respective apps (iCal, Contacts, etc), reboot your Mac and boot into Windows, install iTunes, do the PC version of the JB on your iPhone, have it work, then reboot back into OS X, and restore your info? Or am I reading this totally wrong, and its not working for Mac or PC JB options?

5. Xazen.

Works. seriously just follow the instructions… if it fails… YOURE DOING IT WRONG…

ps- Youre bad at the internets.

6. spamsalad.

I personally love forums. I find that I can learn from others mistakes and such. Do any of you actually read the posts, there are like 20 of you asking the same question rather than reading the answer that was right above your post.

7. 13reak.

I’ve tried more than 12 times, not yet work. The snowbreeze is not goes for 3GS i think. WE CAN’t use the new Ipsw file to upgrade the iphone. Hoping for new ways to jailbreak….

8. callum.

i cant get the 3.1.3 iphone firmware ipsw file when i download it it comes up iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.zip is there anything i can do to change it into a ipsw file ?

9. Solman.

In case anyone else is stuck with their phone in recovery mode after a failed iTune restore attempt with a Snowbreeze customized 3.1.3 ipsw file.
    I was able to get my iPhone 3gs (OS 3.0.1) operational again by attempting to do a restore of with iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw which failed because it’s an ineligible build. However, I guess iTunes is designed to handle this error a bit more gracefully, it then rebooted the phone back into normal operational mode.

10. Valentin.

Ok for all of y’all that want to jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.3 third generation mc models here’s this!!!! First go to google.com and type in Felix bruns firmware click search and click on the first one when it opens up click 2g 3.1.2 not 3g 3.1.3 and then click download and then connect ur iPod touchand open up iTunes and go to the restore page and put Shift+ key+restore and it will reboot and u will have 3.1.2 firmware and now go to blackra1n.com and click on the windows or mac ( which ever one u have) and click download and cluck run and then run again and wait for it to reboot and now ur iPod touch will be jailbroken!!!!!!!!! From there u will have cydia and I ice thanx for reading this and this does work onehundred percent!!!!!

11. lanny.

i updated to firmware 3.1.3 and downgraded now my 3g has no carrier in the settings i have a baseband of 05.12.01 and bootloader of .05.09
    and ive tried using sn0wbreeze and nothing worked cause during the stupid restore it just stays gets a error during the end of the process of 1602 the ipsw not working

12. katie.

@Josue P. I have a 3G. and my firmware is 3.1.3… I have tried using redsn0w and that didnt work..it went through the process but I had no program installed afterwards??

13. ron.

my iphone 3g is jailbroken on firmware 3.1.2 but my modem firmware is 05.12.01 so how can i unlock it help……………

14. katie.

I need help..if my iphone has never been jailbroken before how do I do it.. Is there a certain program I should use??

15. Hitman47.

@KingT, it was the same problem with me, i have already jailbroken my iPhone 3G using 3.1.1 using blackrain, maybe u need to restore your iPhone into Factory settings then download the 3.1.1 OS, then jailbreak it once again, i managed to reset my iPhone to its original state and restore to my previous system backup which was 3.1.2 🙂

16. KingT.

you can use, black rain RC3 to reboot the iphone after a failed recovery, then restore which ever OS version you want to it, I managed to unlock and downgrade from 3.1.3. When ever the phone froze up I ran black rain to recover it. but I cant seem to pick up my carrier at all. Anyone have a fix

17. Special.

Hi:
    I just recently purchased an iPhone 3G with an AT&t sim card activation.  Is there anyway I can jailbreak it without having to worry about not being able to get Rock and Cydia??

What’s the diff btwn jailbreak and unlock?

I have the iPhone 2G with 3.1.2, and it is still jailbroken, is there a way I can activate it without worrying about It being automatically updated in iTunes. Because iTunes automatically put the latest firmware on the phone when it is being activated right??

If you can answer A question I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    -sll-

18. grimpow.

i click restore while holding shift, but i don’t get the window for browsing for firmware. it just goes like normal, as if i wasn’t holding shift

19. Hugh.

Alright to sum it all up there are no new wys to jailbreak if u mistakenly updated and no way back. Go to settings,genral and if ur 4th and 5th number on ur serial is above 40 then that means u have the new iphone version and u cant jailbreak it.
    I jailbroke mine when it was 3.1.2 and it works fine but it still has the new iboot which cause some problems which includes going to recovery mode when the phone dies, And that cannot be fixed which means everytime my phone dues i have to wait till i get home to jailbreak again with blackra1n.so there is nothing u can do about it for now if u have a new iphone 3gs with the new iboot and 3.1.3

20. Ray.

Are you using RedSn0w 0.93? Did you download the 3.1.2 software? You need these for the process to go through.

Finally, are you sure you are booting into DFU mode? If you are getting the USB + iTunes screen, then you aren’t in DFU.

21. Rada.

Is it possible to use shsh file from another iphone to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 local from PC ? I have the shsh file from my 2nd iphone on my PC.. any chanse ?

22. Josue P.

just found jailbreaks tutorial but nothing about how to unlock……… my iphone 3g is on 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 modem never made a back up on cydia so any advice in how to get it unlocked cuz im from miami but know im in paris for bussiness and use the roaming service with tmobile but now i cant talk with anybody =(

23. Josue P.

i search but i can’t find nothing any help ray tried to use snowbreeze redsnow all and nothing woks for me any advice!!!!!

24. Ray.

Josue,

Redsn0w 0.93 can unlock a 3g upgraded to 3.1.3. It might take a couple of times, but eventually it will jailbreak it.

There’s a good tut for it on Youtube. Search “iphone jailbreak 3.1.3 redsn0w” and click the first link.

25. Josue P.

hi ray i have iphone 3g and accidentally upgrade it to 3.1.3 do u know the way to get it unlocked??? can be possible?????

u use it with another carrier so it has installed 3.1.2 and works perfect jailbroken and unlocked but now i just made this biggg mistake!!!!!!!!! any help will be apreciate

pd: please let me know if u read this or somebody that can help me

thanks!!!!

26. Ray.

If you have an iPhone 3G, haven’t previously jailbroken, and have already upgraded to 3.1.3, you CANNOT use sn0wbreeze to jailbreak because you’ll hit the 1604 everytime. Your best bet is to use redsn0w. I tried sn0wbreeze for hours after combing the net for solutions with no success, but redsn0w got my not previously jailbroken 3G with 3.1.3 up and running in 5 minutes.

27. monkUsa.

The downgrade from 3.1.3 back to 3.1.2 worked for me. Luckily my SHSH was stored on Cydia (I had no idea that I had said “yes” to storing my SHSH the first time I did the Jailbreak!

My only roblem now is that the phone wont connect to the 3G network; I can’t make or receive telephone calls!

In any case, thanks for the link T. Bruton.

28. Vick.

Looks like the first sign of a possible unlock would come only around 14 March ..IF we lucky ..until then we all on the 3.1.3 have to sit put !

29. Roshan.

HI i bought a i phone 3gs with version3.1.2 and i did jail broke with blackra1n every thing went good and start downloading some apps. I download 1 app successfully and i went to second my phone went to recovery mode. I don’t know what to do i try everything no use so i restore with itunes now my phone went to 3.1.3 version. Is it possible to unlock ? any help please will be appreciated.

30. Vick.

Hi

I did a reset on network settings to get wifi working on my iphone 3gs , i rebooted now it wont jailbreak …i was on 3.1.2 with the correct baseband ? could be that i some weird way the phone was upgraded to 3.1.3 and hence the jailbrak wont work ? …please help

thx

31. steve.

I know you can do it with cydia but i accidently upgraded before i had a chance to jailbreak the phone or get cydia. I have been looking for a way to downgrade without cydia and havent found one.

32. Adri.

I’m with PC and I use redsnow and after have been click to install cydia and next my computer always popup that redsnow stop running ? what’s happening ? i’m using a ipod touch 2nd generation…

33. T. Bruton.

It’s not impossible if you had your shsh stored with cydia! Hundreds of others have downgraded using iTunes! I’ve downloaded at least three phones! But, these people already had their shsh stored on cydia!

34. steve.

its impossible to downgrade using itunes. appe has put a block up to where you cant downgrade. i have the 3gs with 3.1.3 and cant get anything to work. from what im reading now it will be impossible to jailbreak untill something new comes along or somebdy can figure out a way to bypass apple without the use of cydia

35. DANIYAL.

plz help immediately i i had my latest firmware 3.1.3 on 2g iphone….and selected erase all content and setting and as it completed the processing it stucked…an apple sign occurs what should i do..any one plz reply immediatel or can contact me on 03219600261

36. T. Bruton.

@ warren…I have downgraded my firmware back to 3.1.2 but my baseband is not unlockable, but my phone is jailbroken…it can be done…my shsh was store with cydia…I’ve done it to a couple of phones…keep researching.

37. warren.

right guys, just a quick heads up….i have researched solidly for weeks now and it turns out if you have updated to firmware 3.1.3 you cannot downgrade your firmware or baseband…on the 3gs new bootrom that is…its some strange modification by apple…so in truth all those out there like me with 3gs who accidently upgraded to 3.1.3 firmware will just have to wait until a complete jailbreak is released!sorry to break the bad news but if i find a way ill let you know!

38. frander.

I shit my 3g jailbreak with version 3.1.2 and then I
    have restored after some time because I was told that the jailbreak could cause problems but not long after there was the update to 3.1.3 and can no longer “Jakers” (jailbreak) there would not way back? or find a way to JAKERS with frmware 3.1.3
    Sorry my English is not good !!!!!!!!!!!

39. Tenamai.

Ok boys and girls from understanding this and watching the video this is NOT a jailbreak for those that have ALREADY updated to 3.1.3 or have just bought a brand spanking new iphone. What this WILL do is just allow you to “safely” upgrade to 3.1.3 WITHOUT getting rid of your jailbreak.

40. Liu kang.

I understand that all above. It’s can’t be jailbroken unless it is already jailbroken .
    so, do you have others way to help me out, to be jailbreaking in very the first time for my Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 ? it hasn’t had to jailbroken yet. This gonna be jailbroken the first time for it. Please help !!!!
    I’ll appreciate it. Thank you so much.

41. mnm.

I would like the link. My phone was also jailbroke. I dropped it and got the white screen of death, so I was told. I took it to Apple but had to restore so they would fix it. It automatically restored to the 3.1.3 version and now I am skeptical (sp) about jailbreaking it again bc I don’t wanna go thru restoreing it all over again. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

42. T. Bruton.

I was jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2…did update on 3.1.3 and rejailbroke my phone..how? because my SHSH was stored on Cydia before I did update…anyone need the link…let me know…it gives line by line details for mac and windows.

43. Liu kang.

Hey man I got  new an iPhone 3gs with original firmware is 3.0.1 and then after that I was upgraded a new firmware 3.1.3 and it hasn’t  a jailbroken yet. So, I have tried use snowbeeze to jailbreak it but in the option pop up the note: snowbeeze has detected that this device cannot be jailbroken with snowbeeze unless it is already jailbroken . So, do you have anything to make it be jailbroken ? With this iPhone 3gs it’s very the fist time for me to make it jailbreaking. Please help !!!! I’ll preciate it . Thanks

44. Lex.

Hi everybody!
    I’ve an iphone 3gs with firmware 3.1.3… Obviously i’ve made a mistake and i didn’t know it till I’ve seen that jailbreak doesn’t run on this version.
    I’ve try it with snowbreeze v.1.3 but iPhone enters in a permanent loop in dfu mode and you cannot get out of there if you don’t restore the phone again with the original version that iTunes has.
    Does anybody know if the new version of snowbreeze (I think v.1.5) solves the problem I’m having?

Thanks everybody

PD: Sorry if my english isn’t well at all, i’m spanish..;)

45. km.

any newss with the unlock for 3.1.3 …
    i have cydia i just cant unlock it !!!
    THIS IS the first time i jailbreak … so
    any options ???

46. krSpy.

Where can i find the CORRECT 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmware? Cuz the ones you linked to above do not work, its keeps saying “Not Valid Firmware”. Ive tried several different websites to find it and all the firmware Ive download is the same bullshit ones that arent valid. Please, someone let me know where the real shit is.

47. RockStar.

Sn0wbreeze is not working, Supposedly it fixes some very rare battery reporting issues on 3gs… bla bla bla,,, There are no new features. The release only stops jailbreaks. That’s right. No new features.
    Don’t update you will sorry.
    Sorry

48. krSpy.

The link above for the 3.1.3 firmware is incorrect. When I downloaded Snowbreeze and tried using it, it asks for the 3.1.2 firmware instead of the 3.1.3 firmware like in the video. So i try using the 3.1.2 firmware I got through REDMOND PIE and it says that the 3.1.2 firmware is not a valid firmware. So im stuck….. I unfortuantely tried to Jailbreak my phone when I already had the 3.1.3 firmware update. Every 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 firmware i download and try to restore in iTunes and use in Snowbreeze doesnt work. SOMEONE please help me Jailbreak my iPhone and free it from the bullshit Apple constrictions worried only about control and profit.

49. Grant Smith.

Hello there I just got my iphone 3gs and it has the new bootrom and it was updated with 3.1.3 can i use this to jailbreak it…….I am A newbie…..

50. sara.

Hi totally new to this, my Iphone 3gs was jailbroken for like 5 min before I messed up and restored it. How do I save the firmware to my computer. I’m with T-mobile so now that my iphone is relocked I can;t even use it at all help me please, I wold pay to have it done if anyone is interested. should I aut in an AT&T sim to jailbreak again?

51. drk.

2 questions….
    in the video you said it needed to be jailbroken already….isnt that why were watching the video, so we can unlock adn jailbreak??????????
    and two how long do you hold the home button on the phone when putting it in recovery mode??
    thx

52. ethan.

you can only jailbreak using snowbreeze if your phone has already been jailbroken.

Well mine was jailbroken, then i restored it and now i’m unable to jailbreak it again using snowbreeze. It allows me to restore my phone no problem normail using 3.1.3 firmware, but when i use the firmware created by snowbreeze it gives me error 1604?

53. Dodds.

how can i restore back to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3? iTunes did the same thing to me — forcing me to update to 3.1.3 upon restoring. I’m a tinkerer and have had to restore multiple times but should have disconnected my internet connection before having done this update. how can i roll back? i have the 3.1.2 firmware but don’t know how to get it back onto my phone! i like to jailbreak and play!

54. angelz.sin.

my phone was formally jailbroken on 3.1.2 but i was forced to restore and upgrade to 3.1.3 and was unable to downgrade. is this jailbreak good for me? i’ve got 3gs with new bootrom

55. Carlo.

I’m sitting here with a iPhone 3G running on 3.1.3 that has not been jailbroken or unlocked. I’m hesitating whether I should try this or not! lol

56. Pingback: How To Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware with SnowBreeze 3.1.3? | NextGadgets.net | Cool Gadgets, New Gadgets, Latest Gadgets, Future Gadgets, Electronic Gadgets, Hi Tech Gadgets News