We were fortunate to try out the T1 Headset and while BlueAnt offers higher models, the T1 provides high quality as a high-end product is expected.
From the beginning, you are impressed by the looks of the T1. Although it is slightly larger then what you may expect, it is still as portable as required and looks awesome. The size addition is most likely to provide a durable headset, as they mark it “rugged”. Moreover, it arrives with two customized silicone covers, thus protecting the headset from bumps and such, providing for longer possible use. For the fashionable geeks, it may not be the perfect choice for its larger size and ‘rugged’ looks, but it definitely grants quality 🙂
The T1 fits snug within our ears as needed. There are the tapered silicone buds with loop attached, so after messing around with it a bit, it fit right in, held on well, and was comfortable for prolonged use. The loop at the end assists further, since it softly presses on the back end of your ear, keeping the headset in place. There is also the hook attachment available, for those that may need additional security, use the headsets in dynamic areas, and want to make sure it remains in place through thick and thin.
This is where BlueAnt is a level above the rest. They make the use of their Bluetooth headset simple and intuitive for all. Since the T1 has a great Voice user interface, it assists from the first connection to making ongoing calls to even specific caller announcement. Thanks to the intuitive interface, we were able to connect our Android smartphone almost immediately without a hitch. Moreover, the Voice features include voice activated calls, caller names notifications and more. Oh, have we forgot to mention the sound quality? it is clear, loud (adjustable) and, thanks to their voice isolation, dual microphones, and wind-resistant technology, it remains audible when high speed winds are present (up to 22 mph winds).
The T1 Bluetooth Headset from BlueAnt is a high quality headset that delivers as promised and maintains high quality in various conditions. With a combination of long standing audibility and user voice features, the T1 is a great gadget for those in need of a durable headset. Also, additional features are available* such as text message being converted to speech (available with Android App) and more.
T1 Bluetooth Headset Features:
- Intelligible audio at wind speeds up to 22 mph
- Dual microphones and Voice Isolation Technology produce outstanding noise, wind and echo cancellation
- Flexible ear hooks, with small, medium, and large ear buds supplied
- Embedded interactive audio help instructs user how to pair
- Hardware on/off switch with initial pairing
- A2DP streaming for listening to music, podcasts, and turn by turn directions from a GPS application on your phone
- Automatic connection and reconnection with notification
- Incoming Caller Name Announce (Text to Speech)
- Stores up to 2,000 contacts per paired device
- Up to 6 hours talk time; 120 hours standby
- 2 Year Replacement Warranty (excludes USB cable, clip and charger)
For those interested, the T1 Rugged Bluetooth Headset from BlueAnt runs for $49-80 at various distributors.