With this extremely detailed tutorial its now pretty easy to make the traditional Japanese art of paper folding, Pikachu.
*Holiday Tip: This cute origami can be a geeky add as an ornament to your Christmas tree.
What you need: A square of yellow paper, a black pen and a red pen. Try using 7.5 x 7.5 cm.
- Fold the paper in half along the two diagonals and horizontally.
- Draw on Pikachu’s face and black out the top corners of the paper (these will be his ears).
- Turn the paper over and fold inwards along the diagonalsand flatten.
- Flatten the vertical bit of paper, as shown in the diagram.
- Fold the two sides upwards to meet the top of the triangle.
- Turn the paper over and repeat step 5.
- Fold the side flaps inwards.
- Fold the top flaps in half.
- Tuck the little flap into the pocket …
Repeat step 9 on the other flap and pocket.
Turn the paper over and repeat step 7.
- Fold the top flaps down – these are Piko ears.
- Pick up the model and blow through the little hole. It might take a few tries, but keep blowing until he puffs up – as seen in the diagram.
- Perk up the ears and your Pikachu is finished!
Good luck with your cute little Pokemon Pikachu origami figure. Let us know your result!