Earlier today, Nikon announced its flagship professional D6 DSLR. The camera icon had first revealed the device in September 2019. The D6 DSLR is perfect for professionals who seek speed and autofocus accuracy. The device has already garnered a number of positive reviews and opinions across the web. It may not be for everyone, but it is truly a camera to reckon with.
Here are some of the important features of the D6 DSLR:
- The camera features a 20.8-megapixel full-frame (FX) sensor, similar to its predecessor
- Expected 6 processor ensures that the processing of photographs and videos is lightning fast
- Burst shooting is now 14 fps while using the mechanical shutter. In the silent mode, the speed is 10.5 fps
- There is also an option to take 8MP stills at 30 fps. Those who want faster bursts can choose the 2MP stills at 60 fps
- Autofocus points are now only 105, instead of the previous 153. Thankfully, all these points can be manually selected and cross-typed
D6 DSLR works well in the dark, but the video may not be very impressive
The phone works well in low light and takes astonishingly clear pictures even in the dark. However, the camera shoots 4K videos at 30 fps, which may not be stellar, but this kind of camera isn’t meant for shooting videos anyway. Notably, the D6 runs on dual XQD/CFExpress memory card slots, ensuring everything is spiffy and precision-based. In short, the camera takes great pictures in dim light, but may not be suitable for those who want a device that takes exquisite videos.
When will be the D6 DSLR arrive in the market, and how much will it cost?
Nikon announced that the D6 will hit the stories in April 2020. It will cost $6,500 and is quite pricey for most people. However, professional cameras tend to be expensive, and they deliver a quality that cannot be found in regular cameras. D6 can be the perfect camera for a journalist, or even for someone who is into serious photography. It may not be the right camera for beginners or for novice photographers, considering its price. Nevertheless, for professional photographers, it is a great device that will help them to do their job more efficiently.