Toy Fair looks like the equivalent of CES and E3 for toys, as some of the most awesome things are launched here. The following LEGO Lord of the Rings figurines are only one example.
It has been more than 60 years since the Lord of the Rings books were completed by J.R.R. Tolkien and a few good years since they were transposed into films. The Hobbit, based on the children’s fantasy book that started it all, will be launched this December. All this time, Lord of the Rings fans from all around the world waited patiently for LEGO to launch a line of toys based on their favorite fantasy books and films, but the company seemed to be busy making Star Wars and Harry Potter toys.
Fortunately, the wait is over, as mini figurines of the main characters have been spotted in LEGO’s booth at Toy Fair in London. It will take a while till LEGO fans will get their hands on the Lord of the Rings sets, as the company plans to launch them no sooner than August. However, a few months more months are nothing compared to the long years of wait. According to LEGO, there will be 7 sets, and if the level of detail is as great as in the above picture, fans can only be happy about that. The sets feature various numbers and types of characters and are named as follows:
- Attack on Weathertop (Merry, Frodo and Aragon fighting two Nazgul Ringwraiths)
- Gandalf Arrives (a cart, Frodo and Gandalf)
- Orc Forge (five orcs who forge weapons for the Uruk-hai)
- Shelob Attacks (Sam, Frodo, Gollum and the giant spider)
- The Battle of Helm’s Deep (Aragon, Gimli, Legolas, Theoden, and five Uruk-hai)
- The Mines of Moria (Pippin, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, a cave troll, goblins and skeletons)
- Uruk-hai Army (four Uruk-hai, a Rohirrim Soldier and a Rider Of Rohan)
LEGO seems to have a lot more surprises for us this year, as it also plans to launch some sets based on The Avengers franchise. Mini figurines of the Hulk and Captain America have also been spotted. However, I’m rather sure that the Lord of the Rings sets will be more popular.