Just in case you missed it, here’s Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct with a simple rundown of what was shown.
Will Wednesday morning’s Nintendo Direct announcements pull the Wii U out of its current gaming draught, which remarkably only has two scheduled releases in the month of January? Probably not. But it did supply an amazing downpour of future titles to drool over and info about how Nintendo plans to implement the Virtual Console on the Wii U.
Down below you will find the full 30 minute Nintendo Direct for your viewing pleasure, but before that here’s a nifty bullet-point list I’ve assembled detailing almost all of the key announcements contained from the event.
- Wii U Virtual Console coming with spring update (won’t include full line up of NES/SNES games currently on the Wii’s Virtual Console, reduced price for those who did purchase similar VC games priced at $1-$1.50 each)
- 3D Mario game and Mario Kart for Wii U currently in production and will be playable at this year’s E3
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U confirmed, will “rethink the conventions of Zelda”
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) coming out this Fall
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn developer Good Feel working on Wii U game starring Yoshi that’s visually akin to Epic Yarn.
- Atlus working on Shin Megami Tensei crossover game with Fire Emblem character
- Xenoblade Chronicles developer Monolith Soft working on new Wii U RPG featuring fighting mechs
Wii U Direct – Nintendo Games 1.23.2013