Wake up to the news of the Xbox One’s launch line-up.
While you were probably asleep dreaming of next-gen consoles dancing in your head, Microsoft was busy hosting their Gamescom 2013 media event in Cologne, Germany, a rather intimate (i.e. not livesteamed or held to the public) presser that was solely Xbox One focused.
Out of all the interesting updates about the upcoming gaming platform, the big takeaway stealing mourning headlines is the reveal of the Xbox One’s launch line-up, which according to the Xbox team will arrive with over 20 game titles, including the exclusive likes of Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Forza Motorsport 5.
Sadly missing from the list and of all the supplemental info from Gamescom, was a launch date for the Xbox One itself; still rumored for a November of this year release. Let’s hope they don’t “180” for too long on the answer and deliver it soon for would-be purchasers.
Speaking of delivering, here’s the “targeted list” – which in PR lingo probably means “approximate list” – of the launch day line-up for the Xbox One, provided by Microsoft:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Hmm, I believe that’s what we insiders in the videogame industry like to call a “very solid offering.” In fact, I might be persuaded to say that this launch line-up for the Xbox One trumps last gen’s selection for the Xbox 360. That’s just a loose guess on my part, though.