Roses are red. Violets are blue. It’s Valentine’s Day and Nintendo has some new games to show to you!
It’s Valentine’s Day, and for better or for worse depending on your current Facebook status the spirit of love is in the air. So is another timely live-streamed Nintendo Direct presentation starring our own Cupid for today’s festivities – minus the wings, bow & arrows, and diaper (nope, don’t need that mental image) – Nintendo president Satoru Iwata.
President Iwata’s gift on this most romantic day of the year was a videogame equivalent of a box of chocolates (the good kind with none of that nasty nougat stuff), a sampler of new games, release dates, and other vital tidbits for the Wii U and 3DS. Honestly, more of the ladder if my bulletin-point summary of Thursday morning’s proceedings is anything to go by.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, new Mario & Luigi game coming to the 3DS this summer.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) releasing in North America on June 9 and in Europe June 14.
- New Super Luigi U DLC, a Luigi-themed DLC pack for New Super Mario Bros. U that redesigns the central campaign into a new one for Mario’s brother.
- Wii Street U, a console version of Google Maps with Wii U GamePad features is now available to download for free (limited time only).
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is a 3DS remake of the Wii’s Donkey Kong Country Returns, coming this summer in both North America and Europe.
- New 3DS eShop releases: Kerploosh – March 7, Dillon’s Rolling Western: The Last Ranger – March 11, HarmoKnight – March 28, Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – Q2 2013 in Europe.
- Mario Golf: World Tour coming to the 3DS this summer. The game features both traditional golf courses and ones inspired by the Mario series.
Nintendo Direct 2.14.2013
Happy Valentine’s Day, everybody! Go off and enjoy your loved ones with a romantic dinner or what not. And if you’re single (I’m waving my hand right now) why not ignore all the lovey-dovey and pass the time here on Walyou with the best fan art of January 2013 or the most kick-ass gaming room in the world.